Train Excursion Policies
Please view our Excursion Policies prior to purchasing tickets.
Absolutely NO BOARDING or DISEMBARKING without permission and knowledge of the Conductor. Absolutely NO JUMPING from vestibule or train steps! Please use care when boarding or disembarking, and we must insist that you use the handrails. NO RUNNING ON THE TRAIN.
Traditional Railroad Passenger Seating
- All train excursions require advance/pre-paid reservations
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES are allowed on the train for the exception spill proof cups for children or food/snacks/beverages purchased through Medina Railroad Museum.
- Parties of less than four are subject to seating assignment with other passengers. All of our dining tables seat four, as in the tradition of railroad seating.
- Children must be seated with a parent or guardian during the entire train ride.
- Children may NOT at any time be seated alone.
- Children MUST be accompanied by an adult when moving about the train.
- Children under one years old who do not require a seat may ride in an adult’s lap for the entire train ride at no charge. Children age two and older do require a seat. If your under age two infant does require a seat, you must purchase a child fare ticket for the infant. If you wish to bring a car seat for your under age one infant, please be aware that a child fare ticket will be required for the infant in the car seat. Also please be aware that our vintage trains are not equipped with seat belts.
- Only folding umbrella type strollers are allowed to be stowed on the train, due to space restrictions in the vestibule.
- WE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED NO HIGH HEELS, FLIP FLOPS OR OPEN TOED SHOES
Refund & Exchange Policy
- Please be sure of your dates and how many will be in your party when making your reservation because ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS.
- Our Train departs on schedule and we advise to arrive 1 (one) hour prior to departure time. We cannot “hold the train” for anyone!
- There are NO REFUNDS for missing the train because of heavy traffic or getting lost, late arrival and no partial refunds if a member of your party is unable to join you.
- Exceptions for Refunds: due to our equipment failure or local travel ban.
- Credit cards will be charged at the time you make your reservation. Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. Checks are not accepted.
All of our trains are antiques and as such, they do not have room for wheelchairs. If however, the person using a wheelchair can board the train on their own or with help from someone in their party, and if the wheelchair is collapsible, we can stow the wheelchair in the vestibule during the train ride. We are unable to stow electric wheelchairs or scooters, as there is not enough room. Please be aware that there are up to 8 steps with an 8 inch rise to board the train. We must insist the handrails are used, for safety reasons. We cannot lift any person or otherwise assist them to board. There are restrooms on board the train but being vintage 1947 through 1957, they are not handicap accessible.
Parties of 25 or more qualify for a discount on any of our regularly scheduled train rides, provided the reservations are made together using one credit card. Please call for more information about groups and school field trips.
RULES OF THE RAIL
- Trains run rain, snow or shine.
- We are not responsible for items lost, stolen, damages, or left on board.
- No animals allowed except certified service dogs. Dogs cannot block aisles do to safety regulations and cannot sit on seats.
- We reserve the right to substitute equipment, departure/return time, menu, entertainment and/or destinations.
- Due to the equipment age, we cannot guarantee a specific locomotive or railcar, or climate control.
- Federal Railroad Regulations prohibit smoking onboard.
- Absolutely NO BOARDING or DISEMBARKING without permission and knowledge of the Conductor. Absolutely NO JUMPING from vestibule or train steps! Please use care when boarding or disembarking, and we must insist that you use the handrails. NO RUNNING ON THE TRAIN
- For safety, children MUST be accompanied by an adult when walking through the train. Please seat children with a parent or guardian at all times, never leaving the child without adult supervision.
- All tickets are valid ONLY for the time/date purchased.
- Tickets are available at will call in the ticket office one hour before departure. The ticket office will open one hour before departure and close once the train has left.
- Tickets are held at will call under the purchaser’s last name.
- No-shows or missing-the-train will not be refunded, as per our no cancellation/changes/refund policy.
- Reservations require prepayment with Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
- All seats are assigned unless otherwise indicated at the time of reservation. We cannot guarantee requests to be seated with other parties unless the reservations are made together.
- Reservations are recommended on all trains.